An Academy Trust is a charitable company set up to run an Academy and is responsible for the strategic direction of the Academy. Academy Trusts have two layers of governance; the Members and the Trustees sometimes referred to as the Governors.
The Members are akin to shareholders and have ultimate control over the direction of the Academy Trust. They receive the annual report and accounts, appoint some of the Trustees and ensure the charitable company achieves its objectives.
The Trustees are directors of the charitable company and responsible for three core strategic functions; setting the strategic direction, holding the Head Teacher to account for educational performance and overseeing the financial performance of the school. The Trustees are also responsible for ensuring compliance with the Academy Trust’s Funding Agreement and charity and company law. All Trustees have all signed the School’s “Trustees” Code of Conduct.
In order to comply with the School’s Funding Agreement, the Academies Financial Handbook 2015, the Governance Handbook 2015 and best practice, we have placed the following documents and details in this section of our website.
- Latest Annual Report & Accounts; Grove House Company Accounts 310816
- Current Memorandum of Association; Grove Memorandum of Association
- Current Articles of Association; Grove Articles (V8)(20th May 2015)(CH)
- Funding Agreement; Grove Funding Agreement (a), Grove Funding Agreement (b)
- Names of the Members, including the date of their appointment and date stepped down (where applicable), see List of Trustees, Members and Committees below; Grove List of Trustees Members Committees
- Names of the Trustees, including the date of their appointment, end date of their term of office, date stepped down (where applicable) and who appointed them (in accordance with the School’s Articles of Association) see List of Trustees, Members and Committees below; Grove List of Trustees Members Committees
- The Trustees’ Handbook; Trustees’ Handbook
- The Register of Business Interests/Conflict of Interests in relation to the Members, Trustees and members of the Senior Leadership Team; Grove Register of Conflict of Interest 2015-2016 (9th Dec 2015)
- The Record of Trustees’ attendance at meetings of the Board of Trustees; Grove Attendance Register (Trustees)
- The Record of Trustees’ attendance at Committee meetings; Grove Attendance Register (Resources Committee), Grove Attendance Register (T L Committee), Grove Attendance Register (Personnel Committee)
NB A profile of each Trustee in contained under the “Trustees” section of the website.